Top 1%

December 7, 2006

This time it’s not talent it’s the World’s wealth. According to a recent research in 2000 the richest 1% of adults owned 40% of Global assets. The bottom 50% of the World’s population owned only 1% of the World’s wealth according to this news article.

If you like to find where you are fetch your calculator now. If you have at least $500,000 by year 2000 then you are one of those 37 million people at that top 1%.

I won’t be particularly happy about being in that 1% unless I have done something to help the other 99%.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: